After School Program
The primary focus of our After-School Program is to provide a safe and welcoming environment for your child. Every child in your After-School Program will be encouraged to learn and flourish in their own unique way! Steps strives to provide a variety of educational, fun, and interactive activities both inside the classroom and out!
- Students are picked up at their respective schools by our bus at that specific school’s dismissal time.
- Upon arriving at Steps, they receive a hot meal.
- Students are then assisted with homework until it is completed and checked by one of our after school teachers.
- Students participate in “Stop, Drop, & Read” reading an age-appropriate book for 20+ minutes.
- After homework is complete, students can partake in outdoor play (weather permitting), arts & crafts, baking, group games, and other actives.
List of Pick-Up
- Children attend Steps from the time they get picked up from school until 7pm.
- When public schools are closed, students are able to attend the center for the entirety of the day and receive three hot meals. They will also be taken on engaging local trips (movie theater, bowling, park…etc.)
- We offer a Russian enrichment class for our After School students.
- Weather permitting, outdoor activities are planned for the students on our playground.